Amala Beads Worldwide is a new source for the discerning bead collector and jewelry lover. I am always on the hunt for new and interesting items and can offer you an exciting collection of beads and findings that have been collected from the world over. Many of the beads I sell have been handmade by me and all of the finished pieces I offer are designed and assembled by me as well. You'll never find a "mass market" version of finished jewelry on this site! I offer a custom design service, meeting your needs for a single bead or a complete "parure" composed of earrings, necklace, bracelet, and brooch. Please feel free to contact me via amalabeadsworldwide@gmail.com. Thank you for visiting my blog and please tell your friends!

PS - Click on the photo for a larger view and then go back to the blog by clicking on the "X" in the upper right hand corner!

"All created things must pass; strive on, diligently" - The Buddha


This pin is based on a Celtic "grotesque" from the Middle Ages.  I made the basic shape, from polymer clay, and cured it at the usual temperature but for only 10 minutes.  Then I carved out the areas that are white and green and black in the photo.  I filled in the carved out areas with black clay.  The piece was cured for about 10 minutes again, then the white and green areas were carved out of the black.  I filled in the white and green areas and cured the piece again.  Then I sanded the piece using finer grits of sandpaper each time.  Then I polished it on the buffing wheel.  That's when it really looked good!  Sometimes polymer clay projects don't look like you want them to until the very last polish - so complete all of the steps before you give up!  I glued on a pin-back, adding my special touch - steel tacks pushed through the holes on the pin-back and into the clay.

No comments:

Post a Comment